Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Kassie's Groom-als (or how ever that's spelled!)

I'm so excited to finally get these stunning images from my August bride, Kassie.
 Kassie wanted something different and a pop of color, she fell in love with the beaded & pearled maroon lace at Tissu Fine Fabrics. It was perfect she said, it will match my (stunning!) pearl engagement ring!!

 I suggested we soften the darkness of the maroon lace, by backing it with a candlelight white bridal satin. It created a perfect soft pink effect. 
Down the back of the gown I sewed on 75 tiny pink satin colored buttons on to the lace. It took forever, but I had some serious catching up to do on Masterpiece Theatre at the time, so it wasn't so bad ;)
 The gorgeous couple! I love his suit, 3 piece suits are serious man candy. My hubby pulled his out for the winter season and it's true what they say. A fine fitted suit is to woman, what lingerie is to a man....
The fun fascinator we made for her hair. I made a flower to match the dusty pink accents on her gown, added some of the lace cut out from her scraps and attached it to a piece of russian veiling and comb. I love this fun trend instead of the traditional veils!

Congrats Kassie! and I hope you are loving married life! You made a beautiful bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment